SOME GLOBAL FRAUD STATISTICS

  • Only 38% of fraudsters are working alone, the other 62% work in groups
  • Weak controls or control failures are a factor in 61% of frauds
  • 69% of fraudsters are in the 36-55 age group
  • 44% of fraudsters have unlimited authority
  • Well respected employees count for 38% of frauds
  • 17 % of fraudsters are female
  • Female fraudsters are more likely to be staff members
  • Male fraudsters are more likely to be executives
  • 24% of fraud incidents are technology enabled
  • Only 3% of fraudsters are detected through proactive data analytics
  • Whistle blowers and tip-offs detected 43% of frauds
  • Management review uncovered 22% of frauds
  • 14% of frauds were accidentally uncovered.
  • Technology enables and weak controls fuel fraud